Activities to mark the 25th anniversary of the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi are going on in Rwanda with specific focus on the youth to make them a vital component in ensuring that the country never suffers similar turmoil. Different youth organizations in Rwanda and abroad are smoothly preparing the event with passion to ensure that no genocide happens again in Rwanda and worldwide.
However, Jambo asbl, a youth organization based in Belgium, employs many strategies, ranging from the organization of denial conferences, meetings sit-ins and similar events meant to promote double genocide theory and sabotage commemoration of genocide against the Tutsi. The Great Lakes Eye has learnt that members of Jambo asbl, an association of flopped youth, are solemnly in chaos due to series of failure of their events in line with genocide denial.
Jambo asbl was founded by the offspring of the planners and perpetrators of the Genocide against Tutsi. The entire staff of Jambo Asbl is composed by the children of the planners and perpetrators of the Genocide against Tutsi in Rwanda while other members of Jambo asbl include most extremist elements from the former governing party: MRND and CDR.
The new group would consist of the true believers in the politics of the so called Hutu-Power Politics, and would be home to every Hutu-Power faction.
The creation of Jambo asbl was a realization of a plan conceived in the jungles of the then Zaire, now the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) by the fleeing genocidal establishment. Maj. Gen. Augustin Bizimungu the former Rwandan army chief who is now in prison for crimes of genocide when he set a military commission to learn “the causes of their defeat” after his conviction by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR). One of the commission’s recommendations was the setting up of a new group, the Rally for the Return of Refugees and Democracy (RDR).
The person trusted with the creation, and leadership of the RDR, was Juvenal Bahufite who was a Lt. Col. in the defeated Rwandan army. He was highly regarded, and trusted. As a sector commander in Gisenyi, he was particularly influential, in the training of Interahamwe militia. On arrival in the DRC, he was appointed head of Military Intelligence for the genocidal forces.
A brief look at the leaders and key members of Jambo asbl
- Lilian Bahufite: the daughter of EX-Lt Col. Juvenal Bahufite who was in charge of training interahamwe militia. Lilian has been one of the founders and leaders of Jambo asbl and she is currently editor in jambo news.
- Placide Kayumba: he is the son of Dominique Ntawukuriryayo who was sentenced to twenty-five years in prison by the ICTR. He was sous-prefet of Gisagara in former Butare prefecture; he is responsible for the murder of thirty thousand (30,000) men, women and children killed at Kabuye hill in Ndora sector. Kayumba Placide is a founder of Jambo and very active with Victoire Ingabire’s FDU-Inkingi occupaying the position of 3rd vice president.
- Natacha Abingeneye: the daughter of Juvenal Uwiringiyimana, a cabinet minister in Habyarimana’s government and one of creators of the Interahamwe militia. She became the president of the organization and she is currently the leader of one its branch: Jambo news.
- Norman Ishimwe Sinamenye: He is the son of Mathias Sinamenye, who was the Minister at Habyarimana’s regime and he was close friend to Felicien Kabuga, one of the strong planner and financier of genocide against the Tutsi. He is a communication and secretary of Jambo asbl. He one of the deniers and supporters of perpetrators of genocide against the tutsi in Rwanda
- Ruhumuza Mbonyumutwa: his grandfather, Mbonyumutwa Dominique was the interim president of Rwanda. In the short period of his leadership he distinguished himself by planning and instigating the first massacres of Tutsi in 1959-60. His son, Ruhumuza’s father, Shingiro Mbonyumutwa, was Director of Cabinet to Jean Kambanda, the Prime minister in the genocidal government. Ruhumuza is now Editor in Jambo news and stronger denier and hate inciter
- Patrice Rudatinya Mbonyumutwa:the son of Shingiro Mbonyumutwa. He is based in Luxembourg and he is the Vice-president of the Belgian section of Ingabire’s FDU-Inkingi Party. In 1994, when he was a student in National University of Rwanda at Mburabuturo, he was the Head of CDR party. He is Jambo asbl member and adviser.
- Gustave Mutware Mbonyumutwa: he is the son of Mbonyumutwa Shingiro, he is the Chariman of the Board of Jambo asbl. He is the organizer of all confereances that meants to clear their fathers role during the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi.
- Robert Mugabowindekwe: He is the son of Ephrem Rwabarinda, a Colonel in Habyarimana’s army. Mugabowindekwe’s wife Kami Runyinya Rachel is the daughter of Professor Runyinya Barabwiriza, who was a special adviser to Habyarimana. He was also the President of MNRD in Butare prefecture. Among his responsibilities include to oversee the training of the Interahamwe Militia in that prefecture . He is the Consellor Brain Jambo.
- Laura Uwase: the daughter to Agnes Mukarugomwa, a virulent and active genocide denier with her own online radio and tv, Ikondera. She was born on 28th January 1992; she was just two years old during the genocide in 1994. Meaning that she is indoctrinated only through her parents and friends like the Mbonyumutwas. She is Lawyer Brussels Bar LLB.
- Kami Rachel Runyinya: the daughter to Professor Runyinya Barabwiriza, who was a special adviser to Habyarimana. He was also the President of MNRD in Butare prefecture. Robert’s wife very active with FDU Inkingi.
- Jean Jacques Uzabumuhire: he is the son of Alexis Nsanzumuhire, Felecien Kabuga’s brother and he was the 2nd Rich to his brother in the pre-genocidal era. he was also the second in financing genocide activities as his brother Kabuga.